Devops Engineer (AWS) - Cape Town R60K+
Our client with global footprint seeks a Devops Engineer with AWS experience to manage and deploy infrastructure and code in a modern cloud architecture environment to support their CI Solution Platform.
Reporting to the Products Director, the Devops with the relevant Hard & Soft Skills will be required to introduce processes, tools, and methodologies to balance the needs throughout the SDLC, from coding and deployment, to maintenance and updates.
The tech stack is developed using Django and Python and implements a microservices architecture pattern, and is backed by a Postgres database.
The Devops engineer will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing availability, performance, cost effectiveness, operational readiness and security of the solution, while delivering and managing a backlog of minor and larger feature enhancements as required.
There will also be opportunity to contribute to design and delivery on other workloads such as in the data analytics space.
- 5 Years Devops Experience
- Certificate: Amazon Web Services(AWS)
- 2 Years Devops experience in AWS
- Technical Stack: Python, Django, Postgres
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Monitoring & Technical Support
- Monitor, investigate, and respond without delay to:
- Tickets & Alerts (AWS) and respond to critical issues affecting the platform
- Resolve critical issues
- Regularly reviews error logs and reports from the Platform, convert log and report entries that occurs into GitLab tickets, as appropriate.
- Ensure that the database backup script is creating daily database snapshots and uploading them to Amazon S3 as intended
- Monitor the Platform’s operational resources to avoid potential issues
- Translate possible actionable items to GitLab tickets for subsequent triage as maintenance tasks.
- Develop, test and deploy the asked fix, patch, or update, as applicable.
- Record non- critical application errors
- Be available for customer support to address client issues and when appropriate translate these issues into GitLab tickets
- Contribute to architecture, design and development of other workloads and product lines such as:
- Data analytics stack
- CI Solution Product
- New product development initiatives
The application criteria is strict and only candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted.
Send CV to email@example.com