SHEQ Officer - Environmental & Risk Control - Vessels
Our client a leader in the food processing industry seeks a SHE Officer to join their team. Reporting to the SHE Executive, The Officer will be responsible for identifying and mitigating risks on the site. Further to this the Officer will promote a culture that is proactive, works sustainably and according to a zero incident policy.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Environmental Control System (ECS) & Sustainability
- Implementation and monitoring of the company’s ECS.
- Developing and implementation of the Environmental Management Plans (EMPs).
- Drive Continuous Improvement and performance against ECS objectives and targets
- Develop and implement processes, procedures and reviews to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Health & Safety Control
- Waste Reduction
- Liaising with outside stakeholders e.g. DFFE, DWA, DEA (Oceans and Coasts) and SAMSA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Expert on Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
- Knowledge of current ISO 15001 standards.
- Knowledge of National and International (MARPOL) Environmental statutes.
- MS Office Advanced
- Shipboard operations would be a bonus
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant Qualification Environmental Management field of study.
- 2-4 years experience within environmental/sustainability environment.
- Auditing experience.
The requirements of this role are strict and only candidates who meet this criteria will be contacted.
Send CV to email@example.com