We are recruiting for a Procurement Specialist to lead, develop and implement purchasing strategies and efficient logistics of goods for multiple product lines within the Food Processing Industry. This will include sourcing and purchasing of goods and services, negotiating contracts and managing supplier relationships, both nationally and internationally. The successful candidate will demonstrate strategic thinking, drive cost-efficient procurement and ensure sound stock controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related
- Minimum of 5 years procurement / demand planning / inventory planning experience within an FMCG environment essential at senior level
- Global sourcing experience highly advantageous
- Good commercial awareness, with the ability to react to opportunities as well as plan ahead. Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to interpret sales, stock, forecast and other relevant information
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- SAP or similar ERP experience highly advantageous
- Proficiency in procurement software systems and tools.
- Understanding of legal, regulatory, and ethical standards related to procurement
- Good understanding of customs tariff implications for various origin purchases
- Strong knowledge of procurement principles, best practices, and market trends.
- Excellent negotiation, contract management, and vendor relationship management
- Implement purchasing strategy to achieve acceptable service levels, cost effectiveness, product quality and cash flow
- Ensure Supplier Agreements and Exclusivity Agreements are updated and signed
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, leveraging partnerships to drive cost savings, quality improvements, and innovation.
- Place orders in line with the procurement policy and company product requirements
- Finance Reporting
- Ensuring excellent communication and reporting of expected payments on projects
- Develop appropriate purchasing SOPs and ensure compliance with procurement policy Stock
- Assist with accurate stock takes and understanding stock levels throughout the business
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop sourcing plans
- Stay updated on industry trends, market conditions, and tech advancements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to forecast demand, plan inventory levels, and ensure timely availability of goods and services.
The requirements of this role are strict and only candidates who meet this criteria will be contacted.
Send CV to email@example.com