Crop Production Manager / Technical Specialist
Our client in the Overberg is seeking to recruit an energetic Technical Crop Manager to join their management team. The incumbent will provide a high-level customer-focused technical service to ensure crops are delivered consistently and of high quality
- Bachelor's degree in Horticulture, Crop Science
- 5 years relevant agricultural experience
- Experience of Hydroponic farming, as well as soil, plant nutrition, irrigation, crop management and pest and disease control.
- Experience in Annual Farming audits
- Health & Safety knowledge / certification
- Ability to interact with customers/producers as well as colleagues and build professional relationships.
- A high degree of independence, professional judgement in problem solving, researching solutions
- Good knowledge in setting out trials correctly & writing reports
- Crop Management: crop rotation, planting plans, crop nutrition, spray plans, chemical mgt, irrigation etc
- Quality Control from harvesting to storage, including implementation and training of standards and quality systems
- Conduct research to implement best practices that are current and innovative
- Set out accurate trials & report on findings
- Manage documentation & processes to meet audit standards
- Prepare for and be involved in annual farming audits
- Develop healthy relations with customer technical management and suppliers.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The criteria for this role is strict. Should you not receive a response within 24 hours, please consider your application unsuccessful.