Irrigation Controller / Manager (Accommodation, water & electricity included)
Our client based in Stanford requires an on-site Irrigation Manager to plan and coordinate the irrigation schedules. Further responsibilities would be to inspect, repair and maintain the irrigation system on an intensive farming operation.
We are looking for someone who is confident, thrives in challenging environments, and who is keen to take responsibility and ownership of the role and become a key member of a farm management team.
The role is on-site and accommodation will be provided for. This includes water and electricity.
- Grade 12
- 2-3 years’ experience
- MS Office Suite proficient
- Valid driver’s license
- Oversee and maintain all irrigation infrastructure
- Develop and execute all irrigation schedule programs
- Manage and take responsibility for weather database
- Execute all fertilization and other chemical injections
- Collect and record irrigating information, develop spreadsheet and analyse data accordingly
- Conduct uniformity, spade and pressure tests
- Manage stock
- Reports daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual activity to Production Manager
The criteria for this role is strict. Should you not receive a response within 24 hours, please consider your application unsuccessful.