Production Manager - Crumbed Chicken
Our client based in Atlantis requires a Production Manager to oversee the operations of a Crumbed ChickenPlant, including the management of a large staff compliment. Further responsibilities would be to ensure standards and procedures are adhered to, to ensure best practices.
We are looking for someone who is confident, thrives in challenging environments, and who is keen to take responsibility and ownership of the role and become a key member of a Fish plant Operation.
Key job outputs, including but not limited to:
- Manage production processes, procedures, implement best practice tools, and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage and implement cost-effective systems to control capital and operating expenditure.
- Drive a clear sense of objectives and direction to the team.
- Guide supervisors and ensure KPI’s are met.
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety, Hygiene, quality, and ensure staff is trained to the required standards. Be a member of the food safety committee.
- Ensure production complies with environmental systems and legislation.
- Manage the Health and Safety system of the plant
- HR – Ensure compliance with Labour Legislations and company policies and procedures
- Mechanical / Chemical Engineering / Food Technology/ Operations Degree or Diploma
- Minimum of 10 years Previous Production experience
- Minimum of 5 years Previous Management experience
- SAP knowledge, specifically concerning PP and MM
- HACCAP/ FSSC Knowledge
The criteria for this role is strict. Should you not receive a response within 24 hours, please consider your application unsuccessful.